Summer Seminar, 2003
The 2003 Lute Society of America Summer Seminar West took place at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver BC, from the 3rd through the 8th of August, in conjunction with Early Music Vancouver. The photographs making up this album have been kindly provided by Kenneth Bé (KB), Bob Clair (RC), Dick Hoban (RH), Candace Magner (CM), Michael Miranda (MM), Mike Peterson (MP), Dan Shoskes (DS) and Dr. Ruey Yen (RY).
Ronn McFarlane (DS)
Pat O'Brien (MM)
Grant Tomlinson, the lute doctor (KB)
Classes and Lessons.
- Ronn McFarlane's "Lute Tips" class, with David Spence-Morrow in the hot seat. (KB, 70KB)
- Ronn's class again, but with audience participation. (MP, 93KB)
- Here Ronn is working with Steve Stein on Baroque guitar. (RH, 101KB)
- Trio in Jacob Heringman's Intabulations class: Guy Smith, Dick Hoban and Elizabeth Brown. (KB)
- Wide angle of Pat OBriens advanced class, Learning the Lute as a Lifelong Avocation. (MP, 75KB)
- Candace Magner learns how to strum the Baroque guitar in Pats class. (DS, 74KB)
- Mike Peterson takes his turn with Pat. (DS, 77KB)
- Ekko Jennings in a lesson with Bob Barto. (RC)
- A really relaxed playing position! Jacob's Playing with Poise class. (RH, 118KB)
- David Schoengold with Jacob. Even foot placement gets attention. (RH, 118KB)
- Now it is Kenneth Bé's turn to be coached by Jacob. (RH, 89KB)
An open recital was held in the UBC Music Recital Hall in the Music Building on Friday night.
Last updated 29 November AD 2003 DFH.